One of the frequently asked query by most of the Mac Outlook users is that Mac Outlook attachments not downloading. Now all of them wants to know the exact reason behind it and how it can be resolved in the simplest way. Microsoft Outlook is the widely used email service on both Mac and Windows platform in the normal. So, if there is an issue in the normal functioning of Outlook, it will break the continuity of work. Read to know how to fix Outlook 2016 for mac not downloading attachments
The primary work of these email clients is to send and receive emails. So, if a user is unable to download the attachment, then it is a serious problem and cannot be ignored. Considering this requirement of the users, this blog will let users know how to fix Mac Outlook attachments not downloading issue. But before directly jumping to the solution, it is important to understand the reason behind Outlook 2016 for mac not downloading attachments error.
“Within two days, I need to travel for work but facing an issue in Outlook 2016 for Mac linked with Exchange account to my official email id and O365. In it, some of the random emails do not display attachments. I have not deleted any of the emails still Mac Outlook attachment not downloading. But I am unable to understand the reason behind it as it is not displaying any error message. I cannot afford cut out from the email threads. So, I am looking for a quick and easy way of fixing this problem as soon as possible.”
- Click on Outlook to get started. How to Download Outlook for Free. If you prefer to download Outlook and experience all the features that come with it, there is a way to get it for free for a limited time. While this is a free trial, you will need to enter your payment details. Click the DOWNLOAD button on the sidebar to visit the Office website.
- I have installed Office 2016 on a Mac Pro running High Sierra. Is Frontier fiber-optic, who uses Yahoo's servers to host their provided email service. I use Outlook as a desktop client to negotiate all my email, which has worked well until this last Monday.
Why Outlook 2016 for Mac not Downloading Attachments Issue Encountered?
If a user is facing problem in downloading the attachments in Mac Outlook, then there must be some reason behind. This problem is encountered by the users when they upgrade the version of Outlook. There might be some compatibility, which sometimes results in such type of problem in Mac Outlook. It is because of an issue in Outlook application not in file format. So, a user needs to fix outlook 2016 for mac not downloading attachments by trying various manual tricks discussed in the next section.
Also Read: How to Troubleshoot Mac Outlook Database Daemon Error?
Download Microsoft Office Outlook 16.0 from our website for free. Our antivirus analysis shows that this download is clean. The program belongs to Communication Tools. This PC program deals with '.rqy', '.xla' and '.xlk' files.
Smart Solution for Mac Outlook not Downloading Attachments Issue
If you still encountering downloading email attachment issues in Mac Outlook, then it is better to try trusted third party applications that easily extract attachment from Mac Outlook emails. SysTools Mac Outlook Attachment Extractor is one such a tool that is capable to extract attachment from configured Outlook account as well as you can extract attachments from OLK, OLM, and PST files. This software can extract attachment from any versions of Mac Outlook without any modification or data loss.
Want to know the full guide on how it works, then Click HereJiusion digital microscope software download mac.
Different Tricks to Fix “Mac Outlook Attachment Not Downloading” Problem
In order to fix Outlook 2016 for mac not downloading attachments issue in Mac Outlook, a user can try the various troubleshooting trick discussed below:
Trick #1: Check for Updates
The very first thing that a user can try is Outlook is to look for the update. Now, for the same, you need to open Mac Outlook on the local machine. And, after that, navigate to the Help option. There you can click on the Check for Updates option. Then simply follow the instructions mentioned in the AutoUpdate application.
Trick #2: Download Attachment via Office 365 Account
If a user has Mac Outlook account synced with Office 365 also, then it is really easy to view and download attachment also. It is one of the most convenient ways to download Mac Outlook attachment in the case of emergency.
Trick #3: Empty Cache
It might also be possible that there is some synchronization issue in the Outlook and attachment gets stuck in between. Thus to fix this issue, follow the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, go to the navigation pane and right-click on the account
- After that, select Properties option
- Then, click on the Empty Cache option
- Now, right-click on the folder containing email attachments that are not downloading
- At last, click on the Synchronize Now option
All these are the basic troubleshooting tricks that a user can try to fix Outlook 2016 for Mac not downloading attachments. Any of them will definitely overcome the issue and a user can easily download emails in Mac Outlook also without any hassle.
Summary: The blog explains the manual process to export Outlook for Mac 2016 to Windows Outlook PST. It also outlines how you can easily and quickly convert Outlook for Mac data file (.olm) to Outlook data file (.pst) by using an OLM converter.
When working with Outlook on Mac, you may require to export its data to Windows Outlook PST file format. This may happen in any of the following situations:
- Your users need to access OLM files on Outlook for Windows client.
- You need to move data from Mac to Windows PC.
However, Microsoft Outlook for Windows does not support the Outlook for Mac data file (.olm). There is a manual way following which you can export OLM file data to PST.
How to Export Outlook for Mac to PST Manually?
IMPORTANT NOTE: The manual process involves a lot of steps and can be time-consuming. But, if you urgently need to export OLM to PST file format, skip to the next section to learn how you can quickly perform OLM to PST conversion by using Stellar Converter for OLM. Else, you can directly download the software below.
You can export Outlook 2016 MAC to PST manually by following these steps:
NOTE: In Outlook for Mac 2016, email messages, contacts, calendar and other items can be exported to archive file.
Step 1 – Export Outlook OLM File
NOTE: This is an OPTIONAL step and helps backup OLM file. You can skip this step and directly proceed with the next step to export Outlook for MAC data to PST.
- Open Outlook in your Mac system, from the Tools tab, click Export.
2. In Export to Archive File (.olm) window, select the items you want to export, and then click Continue.
3. In the dialog box that appears, under ‘Save archive file (.olm) as:’ specify the name of the file and location where you want to save it.
4. After Outlook finishes exporting the selected data, click Finish.
The selected items in the OLM file will be saved as an archive .olm file at the desired location.
Step 2 –– Set up Gmail in Outlook for Mac
NOTE: Before proceeding with this step, make sure you have a Gmail account with IMAP setting enabled.
1. Open Outlook for Mac application, click Outlook > Preferences.
2. In Outlook Preferences window, choose Accounts under Personal Settings.
3. In Accounts window, click the plus (+) sign in the lower left corner (as shown in the image below). Select E-mail from the drop-down menu.
4. When prompted, enter your Gmail account information, and then click Add Account.
5. The Gmail account will be added to your Outlook account.
Step 3 – Move Outlook for MAC data to Gmail
- In Outlook 2016 for Mac, right-click the newly added Gmail folder, and select New Folder.
2. Rename the folder, and then click File > Import.
3. Next, click the mailbox folder you want to export.Right click the items from the selected folder, and choose Move > Choose Folder.
4. Right click the items from the selected folder, and choose Move > Choose Folder
5. Find the Gmail folder, and click Copy.
All your OLM file data will get added in the new Gmail folder.
Stage 4 – Export OLM Data from Gmail to Outlook PST
1. Open your Windows Outlook application, and configure the same Gmail account you have set up in Outlook for Mac.
2. Choose File > Open & Export > Import/Export.
3. 3. From Import and Export Wizard, choose Export to a File.
4. Select Outlook Data File (.pst), and then click Next.
5. In Export Outlook Data File window, select the Gmail folder that contains OLM file data, and hit Next
6. Choose the location of your Outlook data file (.pst), and click Finish.
Your OLM file data will now get exported to PST file.
Limitations of Manual Process
While the above mentioned manual process can help you export Outlook 2016 for Mac data to Windows Outlook PST, it has a few limitations:
- Require Gmail configuration.
- It is lengthy and time-consuming.
- It may require technical assistance.
- It may result in data inconsistency
How to Overcome the Limitations of Manual Process?
You can overcome the limitations associated with the manual method by using a specialized OLM to PST converter such as Stellar Converter for OLM software. Here’s how:
- You don’t need to configure a Gmail account.
- The software quickly converts all of the OLM file data to PST in 3 simple steps: ‘Select OLM file’, ‘Convert’, and ‘Preview & Save’.
- The software’s user interface can be operated by any user without technical assistance.
- The OLM converter converts OLM to PST, while keeping the mailbox data intact.
Read this: Process of converting OLM to PST using Stellar Converter for OLM
Outlook Mac 2016 Downloaden
Outlook For Mac 2016 Download
Most Mac users face difficulties in moving from Outlook for Mac to Windows Outlook and now that you have understood the difference between the manual method and the software tool, you can easily reach the conclusion that Outlook 2016 Mac OLM file can be easily exported to PST and it’s equally easy to import data with Stellar Converter for OLM.