- Receiver for Mac
This article describes how to enable users to add non-secure (HTTP instead of HTTPS) stores using Receiver for Mac.
Note: It applies to Storefront Stores. For PNAgent Stores (XenApp Service Support), user will be able to add non-secure PNAgent Store without any modification.
For Receiver for Mac 12.0 and later versions, only secure (HTTPS) stores are allowed by default.
The following procedure describes how to bypass this limitation in order to use non-secure (HTTP) stores in test environments.
Note: Citrix recommends using secure (HTTPS) stores in production environments.
- Open Terminal on your machine by using Launchpad or typing Terminal in Spotlight Search.
- Run following command within Terminal:
defaults write com.citrix.AuthManager ConnectionSecurityMode –string Any
- Restart the 'Citrix Receiver Authentication' process using /Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor or you can restart the machine.
- You will now be able to add non-secure (HTTP) stores to Receiver for Mac.
youtube-dl is an Open Source command line tool that lets you download video from YouTube (and many other videos sites). It’s often considered better than those paid video downloaders. In our previous article, we saw how to use youtube-dl to download videos on Android terminal. Even Windows has a YouTube GUI client, there are no such resources available for macOS. So, in this article, we’ll give you a walkthrough on how to install youtube dl on mac. Let’s begin.
Read: 5 best ways to Password Protect folders on mac
1. To install, youtube-dl, you need to install Wget first. And in order to install Wget, you need to install homebrew first. So, copy paste the following command on your Mac’s terminal (press cmd + space and type in terminal). Once you run the following command, you Mac will download Homebrew master file from Github. You may have to enter your Mac’s password several times. The whole process will take 10-15 minutes depending on your Internet speed.
2. Once you have downloaded Homebrew, you are ready to install Wget. Type in the following command and also enable OpenSSL for TLS support.
3. Now that we have Wget to download packages from the internet, we will use it to download and install Youtube-dl package. Type in the following command and press enter.
4. You have now successfully installed youtube-dl on your Mac, however, it won’t work yet. Download adobe acrobat dc pro for mac. To check you can type youtube-dl on your terminal and it’ll throw a permission error. To fix this, you need to give the right permissions, type in the following command and press enter.
5. And that’s it, now you should be able to download YouTube videos (or any videos from youtube-dl supported sites) by simply typing youtube-dl [video-link]. For example, to download one of my videos from YouTube, I’ll type in the following command.
6. You can find the downloaded video in your home folder on your mac. To bring up the home folder simply go to Finder > Go > Home or press the keyboard shortcut CMD + Shift + H.
Must Read: 10 Free macOS apps to boost your Productivity
Download 1080p video using FFmpeg
Mac Command Allow Software Download 32-bit
By default, FFmpeg will download the second highest resolution. You may have to install FFmpeg to get the highest quality video. Without FFmpeg, you will likely get the second highest which in our case was 720p. To install FFmpeg, type in the following command.
brew install youtube-dl ffmpeg
Also Read: 5 ways to transfer files from mac to mac
Mac Command Allow Software Download Windows 8
So, this is how you use youtube-dl to download videos using your terminal. The app works exactly as advertised, yet not many people know about it. Anyway, if you wish to change your download location or download different resolution of the video, you can check out youtube-dl command line parameters on Github.