Control Center for Mac. Instantly access the controls you use most — like Wi-Fi and Bluetooth — and new controls to play music and enable Dark Mode for your display. Designed just for Mac, the new Control Center lets you add controls and drag favorites to the menu bar to customize it just for you. #5 Free Video Editing Program Like iMovie - HitFilm Express. HitFilm is a commercial video editing and VFX software with two versions: HitFilm Pro and HitFilm Express. As a free video editing software similar to iMovie, it's also simple and easy to use HitFilm to split and trim your video, add transitions and title, as well as make green/blue screen and color correction. Apple iMovie is an application that integrates Digital Video (DV) capture, scene editing, titling, transition effects, and audio to create broadcast-quality movies. Version 2.1.1 lets you export. Apple iMovie is a unique app with numerous handy features. That is why you need to be careful when picking an alternative for this software. The good news is that there are many apps like iMovie for Mac. Your task is to find one that meets your expectations. Beginners usually focus on ensuring the interface is as simple as possible.
With a streamlined design and intuitive editing features, iMovie lets you create Hollywood-style trailers and beautiful movies like never before. Browse your video library, share favorite moments, and create beautiful movies that you can edit at resolutions up to 4K. You can even start editing movies on an iPhone or iPad, and finish them on a Mac.
Browse and share video
- See all your video clips and photos organized in one place
- Quickly share a clip or a portion of a clip
- Background import lets you begin watching and sharing video instantly
Make Hollywood-style trailers
- Choose from 29 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
- Customize movie studio logos, cast names, and credits
- Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
Create beautiful 4K and HD movies
- Edit movies at up to 4K resolution with video from iPhone 6s or later, GoPro, and other Ultra HD cameras on compatible Macs (1)
- Support for 1080p HD video at 60 frames per second for smoother, more life-like action shots
- Import movies and trailers created using iMovie on iPhone or iPad to finish them on your Mac
- Enhance your movie by adding titles, transitions, and 3D globes and travel maps
- Speed up and slow down the action with fast-forward and slow-motion effects
- Create sophisticated picture-in-picture, side-by-side, and green screen effects
- Create a soundtrack using built-in music and sound effects, songs from your iTunes library, songs you’ve recorded in GarageBand, and your own narration
Fine-tune every clip
- Instantly improve the look and sound of your video using one-click Enhance
- Give your video a boost with easy-to-use color controls
- Stabilize shaky video for a smoother picture that’s easier to watch
- Automatically zoom in on faces and glide across panorama photos with the Ken Burns Effect
- Choose from 48 fun video and audio effects
- Send your project to Final Cut Pro and take advantage of advanced editing tools, professional effects, third-party plug-ins, and more
Share with friends and family
- Email videos with Mail Drop when signed in to iCloud
- Share directly to YouTube and Vimeo at up to 4K resolution
- Share any video frame as an image
Download Imovie Software For Mac Windows 7
Create App Previews for the App Store
- Import iPhone and iPad screen recording videos captured with QuickTime Player
- Highlight features with 11 animated titles designed to showcase apps in action
- Export finished videos using the App Preview share option
(1) 4K export requires a Mac from 2011 or later with at least 4 GB RAM.
Full-resolution 4K playback is supported on iMac with Retina display and Mac Pro (2013 or later) when connected to a 4K display.
- Add a hand drawn look to your movies with 5 new filters: Comic, Comic Mono, Comic Vintage, Comic Sepia and Ink
- Import iMovie for iOS projects with support for Comic, Comic Mono and Ink filters
- Improves overall stability
Popular apps in Editing
- The best video editing software similar to iMovie: Easy yet powerful.
- Cherish important moments recorded in photos, video, and sounds.
- No loved ones will be missed - upload video to YouTube, FB, or save to files.
- Includes all basic video editing tools and movie making resources like Themes, Transition, Filters, Sticker, Ken Burns Effect, free music, etc.
Compatible with all modern OS, including macOS Mojave and Windows 10
Software For Mac Computers
Powerful Video Editing Software Similar to iMovie But Better
iMovie is the easiest way to edit and share videos on Mac. It provides Mac users with basic video editing tools like Split, Merge, Trim, Transition, Titles, Filters, Ken Burns Effect, Green Screen, Voiceover, etc. Download adobe full for mac.
- Get started with an intuitive and user-friendly interface.
- Cut, combine, split, crop, rotate and enhance your video with color correction.
- Organize your video, audio and titles in multi-track timeline.
- Many more video editing elements for you to make professional movies, like title templates, transitions, filters, stickers, callouts, animations, etc.
- Highlight & Conceal features are useful for screencasting and tutorial creation.
Make Photo Slideshows Step by Step
Movavi Video Editor comes with two movie making modes. The Quick Video mode enables you to create slideshows from elegant themes with photo, music and video.
- Includes themes to cherish moments of family, travel, love, birthday, sport, etc.
- Use free music in the library or add your own favorite songs.
- Add smooth and good-looking transitions in your slideshow.
- Add titles, specify slideshow length, remove black bars automatically, and more.
- Export video to Mac or online, or continue editing in the fully-featured mode.
Share Anywhere. Zero Distance from Your Audiences
Quickly and easily premiere your video as easy as iMovie for Mac. The preset profiles make it easier than even to watch video on iPad, iPhone, iPod, as well as Android devices, Apple TV, Xbox, PS, etc.
- Like iMovie, support video resolutions up to 4K, including 1080p and 720p.
- Save video to any format, including MP4, MOV, MP3, AVI, WMV, MPEG, etc.
- Directly upload to YouTube, Google Drive, Facebook without closing the app.
- Encode video with MPEG-4, MPEG, H.264, WMV, or FLV with custom settings.
- Burn videos to DVD or Blu-ray Disc for watching on TV (Video Suite required)
Video Editing Made Easy on Mac and Windows
As you may know, iMovie only works on Mac and iOS. Windows users have to find an iMovie for Windows alternative. Movavi Video Editor is an ideal choice with similar features and interface.
Software For Mac Free
Download Imovie Software For Mac Download
- Closest iMovie-like video editing software with powerful features.
- Compatible with macOS and Windows, including Mojave and Windows 10.
- Enable Intel hardware acceleration and special optimization on HD clips.
- Supports 10+ languages for users all over the world.