- Looking for a way to create a shortcut for my HP printer on my computer's desktop. I just got a new HP All in one 24-fO167c computer. My printer is an HP Envy 7640 all in one and is connected via the internet to my old laptop. I just connected it to my new computer, so I know it works, but am needing an easy way to access my printer.
- As DIRECT-.-HP ENVY-4520 (where. are the unique characters to identify your printer), and then follow the on-screen instructions on the printer and your mobile device. Note: This product is designed to be used by those with access to the printer’s network in a private environment.
I have a HP ENVY 4520 desk top printer that I need the setup disk for contacting the computer - 6655222. HP ENVY 4520 All-in-One Printer Choose a different product Warranty status: Unspecified - Check warranty status Manufacturer warranty has expired - See details Covered under Manufacturer warranty Covered under Extended warranty, months remaining month remaining days remaining day remaining. . On your current computer, visit the Start menus and select th e product in addition to Printers option. Here, an individual must select the Add a Printer option. Today, the ADD A PRINTER.
When you want the latest HP printer drivers on Ubuntu, you’ll download and install the latest HP Linux Imaging and Printing (HPLIP) driver package… Updated versions of this package are regularly released with support for the latest HP printers…
HP is one of the printer manufacturers that has its own driver package for Linux, including Ubuntu… the driver package is maintained by the open source community, but has HP full support.
HP Linux printers driver package is known as HP Linux Imaging and Printing (HPLIP) and it’s updated frequently to support newer printers as they become available. If you own a new HP printer today, it will mostly work on latest version of Ubuntu desktop
However, if the printer is not supported by Ubuntu or the drivers are not installed, installing HPLIP might make the drivers available. This brief tutorial shows students and new users how to install HPLIP on Ubuntu to support the latest HP printers.
The current version of the software package is 3.17.11
The current driver package adds support for:
- HP Scanjet Enterprise Flow N9120 fn2 Document Scanner
- HP Digital Sender Flow 8500 fn2 Document Capture Workstation
The previous package, 3.17.10 added support for tons of new HP printers, including these:
- HP OfficeJet Pro 7720 Wide Format All-in-One
- HP DeskJet AMP All-in-One Printer
- HP OfficeJet 5220 All-in-One Printer
- HP OfficeJet 5230 All-in-One Printer
- HP OfficeJet 5232 All-in-One Printer
- HP ENVY Photo 6220 All-in-One Printer
- HP ENVY Photo 6232 All-in-One Printer
- HP ENVY Photo 7120 All-in-One Printer
- HP ENVY Photo 7134 All-in-One Printer
- HP ENVY Photo 7820 All-in-One Printer
So as you can see, there are lots of new printers on the list that the drivers provide support for. To see the complete list of printers that are supported, read the release notes page here.
To install the drivers on Ubuntu desktop, run the commands below to get the
cd /tmp && wget http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/hplip/hplip-3.17.11.run
Then run the commands below to install the driver package.
The installation wizard should start up and help you install the drivers. Type y to begin the installation.
Then a to choose the automatic installation mode
Continue with installation for the version of Ubuntu. After a few minutes, the installation should complete.
When prompted whether to install missing dependencies, type y
The installer may prompt you to remove existing HPLIP drivers to install the newer one. Please choose to do that to continue.
After few minutes, the new drivers should be installed and ready to use… After installing restart your desktop… then go to Dash or Activities Overview and search for HPLIP… open and setup.
This is how to install HPLIP on Ubuntu
You may also like the post below:
A computer printer does not work until you install the included drivers and software. If you have lost the CD for your printer, you can download the drivers for your printer and use the drivers to install your printer. A listing of printer manufacturers and links to their associated driver download pages are on our printer drivers page.
Connecting the printer to the computer
Connect the printer to the computer either using a USB cable, parallel port cable, or SCSI cable and then connect the power plug to a power outlet. Today, most home computer printers are using a USB cable similar to the example picture.Tip
If this is a network printer, connect the printer to a wireless network or the RJ-45 connection.Note
A laptop computer works the same way as a desktop and can use any of the above connections if they are available.Note
Smartphone and tablet users must have a printer that connects to devices wirelessly or over the Internet to print.
Turning on a printer
After connecting the printer to the computer, it can be turned on using the power button on the front of the printer. Typically the power button is on the front right corner of the printer. However, the button placement depends on the type of printer you have. Older laser printers may even have a power switch in one of the back bottom corners of the printer.
Setup printer and install software
After connecting the printer and turning it on, you'll need to install the printers software and drivers. Every printer should come with the software used to install a printer in Windows or your operating system.
- After everything is plugged in, turn on the computer.
- Insert the CD that came with the printer. If the CD does not automatically start, open My Computer, double-click the CD drive, and then click the Setup or Install file. If you have downloaded the drivers, run the downloaded setup file.
- Follow the installation wizard, and once completed, your software is installed.
- Test the printer to make sure it is working.
Computer with no CD drive
If your computer does not have a disc drive or you lost the CD, you can download the software for your printer from the manufactures printer's driver page. Once the drivers are downloaded, you can run the file to install the drivers.
No drivers available for my operating system
Newer operating systems may not support all older printers. For example, Windows 10 may not support a printer that was made years before it was released. If drivers are not listed on a printers' driver page, your operating system or your versions of Windows does not support that printer. You can try installing an earlier version of operating system drivers, and it may work. However, for full support, consider getting a new printer.
Installing a printer only using the drivers
If you only want the printer to be installed and none of the extra software programs, you can only install the printer driver by following the steps below.Tip
A listing of printer drivers and software is on our printer drivers page.
Do I Need To Download Software To Run Hp Envy 4520 Printer To Mac DriverNote
If you have installed the printer doing the above steps, these steps should not be necessary unless you encountered errors.
Do I Need To Download Software To Run Hp Envy 4520 Printer To Mac Windows 10
- Open the Control Panel with the printer connected and powered on.
- In the Control Panel, double-click the Printers or Printers and Fax icon.
- In the Printers window, click the Add a printer icon.
- After completing the above steps, see the Windows Printer Wizard. Click Next to start the wizard.
- Next, you have the choice of installing a Local or Network printer. If the printer connects directly to your computer, choose Local printer attached to this computer and click Next.
- When prompted for the printer driver location, browse to the directory of your drivers or point it to the printer CD.
Do I Need To Download Software To Run Hp Envy 4520 Printer To Macbook Air
Test the printer
After installing the printer, you can use Windows to print a self-test page to help verify the printer is working.
Microsoft Windows users
- Open the Control Panel.
- Double-click the Devices and Printers, Printers, or Printers and Fax icon.
- Right-click the printer you want to test and click Properties. If you do not see your printer, your printer is not installed.
- In the Printers Properties window, click the Print Test Pagebutton.
- If the printer can print a test page, your printer is installed and set up properly. However, if you cannot print in other programs, the program you are attempting to print from has issues.
- See our printer definition for further information and related links.